- In the first quarter of 2018, 68 percent of people believe that now is a good time to buy a home.
- Thirty-eight percent believe that strongly, a decrease from 43 percent in Q4 2017.
- Seventy-four percent of people believe that now is a good time to sell a home, up from 71 percent in Q4 2017 and an increase from 56 percent in Q1 2016.
- Forty-two percent believe that strongly.
- Among non-owners, 47 percent cannot save for a downpayment because they have limited income, 30 percent because of their student loan debt.
- If a household received an unexpected windfall of $5,000, 37 percent would put it in savings or invest it and 28 percent would pay bills.