Intro to Solar- Core Elective
4 CE (Education)
THIS COURSE NOW APPROVED FOR 4 HOURS OF CORE ELECTIVE!
The Solar Industry has changed vastly in the past 10 years, and with all the improvements to solar technology and costs, you do not want to miss this informative class.
- The different types of solar systems and how they function.
- Understand the value of a solar system based on size and type of installation.
- Review the different types of financial incentives that are available for solar systems.
- Discuss what makes a quality solar installation.
- Discuss different ways to finance solar systems including leasing and Power Purchase Agreements.
- Review the Distributive Generation Consumer Protection Act recently passed by the state legislature.
- Review how the installation of a solar system affects the value of a home or commercial building.
- Demonstrate tools to determine the value of an existing solar system on a home or business.
- Discuss how a solar system affects the appraisal of a property.
Meet Your Instructor:
Jim was born and raised in Chicago and earned a B.S. in Business from the University of Illinois at Chicago. After college, he worked in computer and telecommunication sales and in real estate. In 2005, Jim and his wife worked overseas in Bangladesh and Cape Verde. Upon returning to the U.S., they decided they wanted to live in a more moderate climate and moved to Albuquerque. In 2008, Jim opened HydePark Realty, and in 2010, he supplemented his real estate work with a sales position at Affordable Solar and works in both of these capacities today. Jim has a Technical Sales certification from the North American Board of Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), coordinates and sometimes makes presentations at monthly meetings of the New Mexico Solar Energy Association (NMSEA) and also serves on the Albuquerque Energy Council.