What is IDX?
IDX = Internet Data eXchange Program – Created to provide a system where brokers can give each other wholesale permission to display their listings on each other's websites, within certain guidelines.
Here's what IDX can do for you
- Strengthen the tie with customers.
- Obtain & maintain 1st contact – Being the local housing destination for consumers.
- Provide services desired by today’s Internet savvy buyers and sellers.
- 24/7 availability and quick access to updated listing information.
- Easy interfaces for consumers, less non-listing “clutter”.
- Visitors have the ability to search Active MLS listings on your website.
How do I get IDX?
Please review through the different IDX options available to SWMLS Realtors and Web Developers. A Web Developer will most likely need to fill out this paperwork with your office to get IDX approval. SWMLS has recently revised our IDX Access Agreements and your Web Developer will need to decide which option is best for them. The agreement should include a valid domain name for your website and up-to-date contact information. IDX can then be purchased from a 3rd Party Service Provider, or directly from Flexmls.
IDX Framing Options
- Framing Option: The framing solution is a link to pages that can be formatted to appear like the search screen in FlexMLS, as if they are part of your existing website. If you have webmaster experience, you can use this option and insert it into your website on your own. If you already have a website and a provider/webmaster, contact that provider to get this work done for you.
- Framing Costs: FREE. These links are available in FlexMLS now, available by going to Preferences › IDX Manager and selecting the IDX 2.0 Lite link at the bottom of the page.
- FLEX Paid Option: More a more robust IDX framing option we recommend looking at the FLEX IDX options for Framing linksor their Wordpress websites.
Download Options: RETS and API
- RETS Option: The RETS feed is the IDX feed used most frequently with web developers using SWMLS data. This data feed allows web developers to query or pull from the RETS database the specific property data applicable for the website. For more information about RETS visit, rets.org.
- RETS Setup Costs*: One time $25 setup fee for accessing the RETS database for Active MLS listings.
- FTP Option: This IDX option is no longer available.
- API Option: An API feed of the SWMLS IDX data is also available for IDX webmasters. Requests for API should go directly through our dedicated API request website.
*Costs are subject to change and will be reviewed frequently by the SWMLS Board of Directors.*
Need help selecting an IDX Web Developer?
SWMLS does not recommend any web vendor over another. The following list is a list of vendors that currently receive a SWMLS IDX data feed. If you are an existing IDX vendor with SWMLS and would like to be included on this list please contact us.
In accordance with Section 18.3.7 of the SWMLS Rules and Regulations, all IDX websites must include the SWMLS IDX logo along with the IDX disclaimer. Please refer to this 3rd Party information form if you are new company in our market seeking to request a data feed.
SWMLS IDX Logo
Some of the information contained herein has been provided by SWMLS, Inc. This information is from sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed by SWMLS, Inc. The information is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than identifying properties which consumers may be interested in purchasing.