The SWMLS Rules and Regulations contain the policies and guidelines that SWMLS Subscribers must follow in their real estate business in the MLS. The rules are adopted from the National Association of REALTORS® and are revised several times a year by the SWMLS Board of Directors.
The SWMLS Rules can be found by clicking here. The most recent version of proposed or redlined rule changes are here.
The SWMLS Policies can be found by clicking here.
The SWMLS Orientation class for new MLS members covers the primary sections of the rules. This class is mandatory for all new MLS members.
A monthly Rules Refresher class is offered on the 1st Tuesday of every month at GAAR. This class is a great way to get caught up on new rule changes and freshen up on the existing rules. This class can also be used once a year to remove a compliance fine.
Top Violations for SWMLS listings
- Pending listing more than 48 hours past the Estimated Selling Date
- Pending or Closed listing missing required front photo
- Active listing with more than 7 Days on Market and missing a photo
- Advertisting comments or phone numbers in the Marketing Remarks of a listing
- Not reporting a Pending or Cancelled sale in the MLS within 48 hours
- Not uploading the required Lead Paint form to the listing
- Reporting an incorrect address or invalid UPC Code