What is IDX?
IDX = Internet Data eXchange – Created to provide a system where brokers can give each other wholesale permission to display their listings on each other's websites, within certain guidelines.
Here's what IDX can do for you
- Strengthen the tie with customers.
- Obtain & maintain 1st contact – Being the local housing destination for consumers.
- Provide services desired by today’s Internet savvy buyers and sellers.
- 24/7 availability and quick access to updated listing information.
- Easy interfaces for consumers, less non-listing “clutter”.
- Visitors have the ability to search Active MLS listings on your website.
How do I get IDX?
RETS and API
- Effective December 1st, 2021, SWMLS no longer offers RETS as an option for new data feeds. Existing vendors with RETS feeds are encouraged to convert to API as soon as possible, as RETS will be sunset at a date in the near future.
- Obtaining a Feed: SWMLS API data feeds are handled through Trestle. The Data Vendor that is requesting the data will need to go directly to trestle.corelogic.com to create or enable their API for SWMLS Data.
- SWMLS Members: Advise your Vendor to complete this process. You shouldn't need to do anything except sign the contract when it gets to you.
- Data Vendors: For help with setting up a contract/feed, plus contact Trestle support at 844-530-8855 or TrestleSupport@CoreLogic.com
- Setup Costs: SWMLS does not charge any fees for data feeds, vendors will only pay the monthly fees charged by Trestle
*Costs are subject to change and will be reviewed frequently by the SWMLS Board of Directors.*
Need help selecting an IDX Web Developer?
SWMLS does not recommend any web vendor over another. The following list is a list of vendors that currently receive a SWMLS IDX data feed. If you are an existing IDX vendor with SWMLS and would like to be included on this list please contact us.
Access IDX Vendor list
IDX Framing Options
- Framing Option: The framing solution is a link to pages that can be formatted to appear like the search screen in FlexMLS, as if they are part of your existing website. If you have webmaster experience, you can use this option and insert it into your website on your own. If you already have a website and a provider/webmaster, contact that provider to get this work done for you.
- Framing Costs: FREE. These links are available in FlexMLS by going to Preferences › IDX Manager and selecting the IDX 2.0 Lite link at the bottom of the page.
- FLEX Paid Option: More a more robust IDX framing option we recommend looking at the FLEX IDX options for Framing links or their Wordpress websites.
In accordance with Section 18.3.7 of the SWMLS Rules and Regulations, all IDX websites must include the SWMLS IDX logo along with the IDX disclaimer.
In addition, in accordance with Section 18.3.12, Display of expired, withdrawn, coming soon and sold listings is prohibited. Vendors may access this data via an IDX Plus feed for back office use only, it should not be publicly displayed.
Data Feed Types
IDX: Contains all Active listings and all public fields. If you are not sure which data feed type you need, this is likely your best bet. IDX Feeds are limited on our side to only provide data that you are allowed to display publicly. IDX is governed by Section 18 of our rules.
IDX Plus: IDX Plus is the same as IDX, but also includes Sold Listings, which are prohibited from Public Display. This data can be used for private tools only.
Statistics: Statistics feeds includes the most robust set of data, but cannot be used for public display in any way. This feed is intend only to power back end broker-level statistics tools.
Back Office: Contains all of the information available for all listings, but only for listings that have been entered for your office. The easiest way to look at a Back Office feed is it provides a method for the Qualifying Broker to get back all of the information that their Associate Brokers have entered.
VOW: CLICK HERE for more information on VOW Feeds. The use of a VOW feed requires customers to register and login with a username and password to access the data. VOW is governed by Section 19 of our rules.
Some of the information contained herein has been provided by SWMLS, Inc. This information is from sources deemed reliable but not guaranteed by SWMLS, Inc. The information is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than identifying properties which consumers may be interested in purchasing.