September is REALTOR® Safety Month, a time each year when we focus on safety tips to follow all year long.
Below are highlights from the annual safety report released by NAR.
2023 Residential Member Safety Highlights
- The typical respondent meets prospective clients whom they’ve never met before either at their office or in a neutral location 65% of the time.
- 71% of residential members said that they have personal safety protocols in place that they follow with every client. This is more likely among females (73 percent) than among males (59 percent).
- 42% of residential members said that they have participated in a self-defense class.
- 47% of men and 58 percent of women carry a self-defense weapon or tool.
- Among those who participated in a REALTOR® safety course, 66% said they feel more prepared for unknown situations after taking a REALTOR® Safety course.