Do you understand the role of the Assessor? Do you know what their responsibilities are? Do you know what they don't do?
Assessors determine values of property for property taxation purposes in accordance with the Property Tax Code. They also implement a program of updating property values so that current and correct values of property are maintained.
Join us for an educational presentation with the Office of the Assessor of Bernalillo County.
Understanding the Role of the Assessor
Wednesday, April 21st
8:30 am - 9:00 am: Login
9:00 am - 10:30 am: Presentation followed by Q & A
Guests from the Office of the Assessor of Bernalillo County:
- Tanya R. Giddings, Assessor
- Bobby Espinoza, Deputy Assessor/Chief Information Officer
- Clyde Ward, Assessor Administrator/Chief of Staff
Register in Advance:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.
The Assessor has the following responsibilities:
- Locate all taxable property in the county and identify ownership
- Establish a value for all property subject to property taxation
- List the value of all property on the assessment roll
- Apply all legal exemptions
The Assessor does not:
- Compute property tax bills
- Collect property taxes
- Establish property tax laws