Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools
8 CE (Education)
The Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools CIPS course is a one-day course and is one of the two core courses required for U.S. real estate professionals to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. This course introduces real estate professionals to the tools needed to present investment information to international clients.
- Research foreign and hometown markets and compile dossiers of market information.
- Convert measurements between the metric system and U.S. system of measurements.
- Alert clients and customers to currency, fund transfer, and financing issues, and guide them to seek expert advice.
- Alert foreign clients and customers to tax considerations of real estate transactions.
- Begin to perform basic financial analysis using standard formulas.
- Compile, organize, and present financial data so that clients can make informed decisions.
- Identify properties that meet the personal and investment objectives of clients and customers.
At the end of the course, participants will be given a 30 question open-book (unless closed book is required for continuing education credit) multiple-choice exam to test and reinforce achievement of the course’s learning objectives. Students must answer a minimum of 24 out of 30 questions (80%) correct to pass the final exam.