A REALTOR® Fund Project
Good Neighbors are REALTORS® and Affiliates that dedicate themselves to volunteer service. They donate gifts, money, and – most importantly – a lot of time to their charity.
In 2015, we introduced the Greater Albuquerque Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Awards – a program that NAR encourages local Associations to develop in coordination with the REALTOR® Magazine Good Neighbor Awards.
GAAR Good Neighbor Awards are open to all GAAR members, both REALTOR® and Affiliate, who dedicate themselves to volunteer service. Up to five REALTOR® or Affiliate recipients are awarded.
Recipients are featured in GAAR's consumer outreach campaign and each of their charities receives a $1,000 grant from the REALTOR® Fund.
We would like to thank all of our nominees for their work in the community. Please look for upcoming articles about their charitable work and the non-profits they serve.
Nominations for the 2023 Good Neighbor Program are open from October 1st to November 3rd, 2023.
Good Neighbor Award Nominations open on October 1, 2023
Complete and submit the following:
- Good Neighbor Nomination Form (1 of 2)
- Good Neighbor Application Form (2 of 2)
- Short Essay: In no more than 500 words, describe how the nominee's individual efforts have made the community a better place to live.
- Documentation of Involvement: Attach examples (thank you letters, reference letters, photos, etc.,) from the organization or individuals served that can be used to document the nominee's activities and involvement in the organization.
Eligibility Criteria for 2023 Nominations:
1. Nominees must be members of NAR & GAAR in good standing.
2. Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of a local community. Those activities aren't limited to real estate or housing issues and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, and homelessness prevention.
3. Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
4. Nominees will be judged on the level of personal contribution, the impact of personal contribution, the broadness of impact, and the project's suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
5. The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or cofounders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
6. Some portion of the nominee's community work must have taken place between November 2022 and October 2023, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
7. Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement through published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
8. Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another NAR member, a state or local association, or the community organization they served).
For questions about eligibility requirements, please contact Jane Fertig at 505-724-3465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.