SWMLS requirements for reporting a Lockbox Serial Number on a listing dates back to 2016. New changes were made in March 2018 that introduced a new MLS field called SUPRA BOX.
Assigning lockboxes to listings is important to listing and selling members, the MLS compilation, and the administration of GAAR’s lockbox program. Through GAAR’s lockbox program (Supra 2.0), members are able to “check-out” SUPRA BT LE lockboxes based on the number of active listings they have plus 30%. Lockboxes must be assigned to a listing within 30-days of being checked-out from the Association, or within 30-days of being unassigned from a previous listing. When a lockbox is not being used, and will not be used within 30-days, the member should return the lockbox to the Association so it may be removed from the member’s inventory and placed back into GAAR’s inventory for circulation. By returning an unused lockbox prior to the inventory “true up” you will:
- Avoid being charged $150 for excess lockboxes not returned during the True Up period.
- Free up storage space while ensuring you don't misplace lockboxes in your care.
- Avoid any possible last-minute-rush in September.
- Ensure lockboxes are available for all active listings in Central New Mexico.
Click here for more information regarding the program, as well as the inventory “true up".
To that end, by ensuring the lockbox is assigned to an active listing by choosing YES for [Supra Box] abd entering the 8-digit serial number of the box in the [Lockbox Serial #] field in Flexmls, the member will avoid receiving a compliance violation for a missing serial number.
The SUPRA BOX and LOCKBOX SERIAL # fields are found in the ‘Main Fields’ section when adding or modifying a listing.
When a Supra BT LE lockbox is placed on a listing, the member must report YES for the SUPRA BOX field and also enter the 8-digit serial number in the Lockbox Serial# field. All Supra BT LE serial numbers begin with the number 3. If the member is using an old Supra lockbox, this could prevent other members using the mobile app from being able to enter and show the listing. Therefore, it is advised that any member using an old Supra lockbox on a listing return the lockbox as soon as possible and receive a new Supra BT LE lockbox to place on the property (and also enter the new serial number in the [Lockbox Serial #] field).
When a Supra lockbox is not on the property, or there is a contractor lockbox or electronic deadbolt, all zeroes (eight zeroes – 00000000) it will not be necessary to report a Lockbox Serial Number on the listing but the required SUPRA BOX field should be marked as NO. Furthermore, for contractor lockboxes, [Contractor Lock Boxes] on the Details tab at listing input should have ‘YES’ selected. You may also elect to enter additional showing instructions in the LO/SO remarks regarding the contractor lockbox or electronic deadbolt.
“What should I do now to avoid receiving a compliance violation, or in the event I do receive one?”
Take appropriate steps to review your inventory of Supra lockboxes, and ensure those that are on an active listing have the valid 8-digit serial number entered into Flexmls on that listing. If you are in possession of more lockboxes than your active listings you will want to return those lockboxes to the Association.
Furthermore, review your listings for data accuracy and ensure the [Supra Box] abd [Lockbox Serial #] is being appropriately used. Review your ‘Showing Instructions’ for, and ask yourself these questions:
Is there a Supra lockbox on the property?
- Report YES for the [SUPRA Box]
- Enter the 8-digit serial number in the [Lockbox Serial #] field in Flexmls
- Report NO for the [SUPRA Box]
- Enter all zeroes in the [Lockbox Serial #] field, OR Ignore this field.
- Ensure ‘Showing Instructions’ do not mention a lockbox on the property
Yes, but it is not a new Supra BT LE lockbox
- Exchange the existing lockbox at GAAR with a Supra BT LE lockbox, then enter the lockbox serial number into Flexmls
No, it is a Contractor Lockbox
- Report NO for the [SUPRA Box]
- Enter all zeroes in the [Lockbox Serial #] field
- Ensure [Contractor Box] is selected as YES in the Details section for Showings Info.