When your eKEY Fob starts flashing red, it's time to change the battery.
The eKEY Fob uses a CR2032 lithium coin battery, which can be purchased at CVS, Walgreens, and Walmart. Battery life depends on the amount of usage, conditions, and the type of battery used.
To replace the battery:
- Insert the tip of a flathead screwdriver into the notch on the side of the Fob.
- Turn the screwdriver to open the case.
- Remove the existing battery.
- Insert the new battery with the positive (+) polarity facing up.
- Snap the case back together to close the Fob.
For more information, check out the eKEY Fob User Guide.