Europe and International Real Estate
8 CE (Education)
**Fifty dollar scholarships are available to RANM Members registering for an individual class with a cap of $200 for four CIPS classes. Please call GAAR at 505-842-1433, Option 4 to take advantage of the scholarship offer. There are a limited number of scholarships available and full registration price will apply when scholarship seats are full.**
Europe & International Real Estate is a one-day course that counts as one of three elective courses required to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. It introduces real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international transactions with European clients, and is designed to benefit both experienced real estate professionals as well as those just getting started.
- Discuss the social, economic, political, and geographical characteristics of major European countries.
- Discuss the history, purpose, and economic impact of the European Union.
- Identify important characteristics of certain European real estate markets including influential laws, business culture attributes and real estate/ brokerage practices.
- Assess opportunities in certain European markets by evaluating significant investment patterns, investor profiles and real estate activity.
- Identify ways to develop a business network and start or enhance an international practice with European clients or properties.
At the end of the course, participants will be given a 30 question open-book (unless closed book is required for continuing education credit) multiple-choice exam to test and reinforce achievement of the course’s learning objectives. Students must answer a minimum of 24 out of 30 questions (80%) correct to pass the final exam.