GAAR Lunch & Learn: HR for your Office (for QBs)
Employment law is becoming increasingly complex, and as a business owner, it is important to have a working understanding of issues that may arise.
To that end lawyer Anna Indahl's presentation is geared toward GAAR members with offices of all sizes, who may or may not have employees. Topics in the presentation will include:
- · An overview of “at-will” employment contracts
- · A general overview of the New Mexico Human Rights Act and Federal Title VII law
- · Harassment and Discrimination
- · Potential pitfalls associated with documentation of work performance and employee discipline
- · Classification of Employees v. Independent Contractors
- · Affordable Care Act compliance
- · GAAR dispute resolution services
About the Presenter
Anna Indahl graduated from the University of Michigan Law School in 2003 and concentrates her legal practice at Modrall Sperling on the defense of matters involving employment law. She has counseled and represented clients ranging from small businesses to international corporations, as well as public sector and governmental entities. Anna has extensive experience representing employers in a variety of employment matters, including civil rights claims, federal and state anti-discrimination laws, contract disputes, wrongful discharge, covenants not to compete and other federal and state law claims. Anna also routinely presents in-house legal updates to clients.
Anna has achieved an AV® peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell and named a Southwest Rising Star by Southwest Super Lawyers®.