Global Real Estate: Local Markets
8 CE (Education)
The Global Real Estate: Local Markets CIPS course is a one-day course and is one of the two core courses required for both U.S. and non-U.S. real estate professionals to earn the Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation. This course introduces real estate professionals to the basic skills and knowledge necessary to facilitate international real estate transactions.
- Monitor trends and indicators of the global economy, flow of capital, and the impact on local real estate markets.
- Identify local market opportunities and prospect for global business in your local market.
- Take advantage of association resources.
- Follow a standardized process for preparing for a transaction and working with clients and customers.
- Develop a network of contacts that can lead to referral business.
- Recognize available visa statuses for foreign real estate owners and investors and guide foreign clients and customers to seek expert advice
Exam At the end of the course, participants will be given a 30 question open-book (unless closed book is required for continuing education credit) multiple-choice exam to test and reinforce achievement of the course’s learning objectives. Students must answer a minimum of 24 out of 30 questions (80%) correct to pass the final exam.