Scam Alert for Members
Over the years, REALTORS® locally and nationwide have been targeted by a company claiming to represent local golf courses for advertising on scorecards. This week, a GAAR member was contacted by a company that has numerous complaints filed against them.
This warning is not only about this incident, but a reminder that if you chose to do business with any company, especially those that are not well-known local businesses, be sure to perform your due diligence before you sign any contracts or make any payments.
A few suggestions include:
- Google Search any company you are not familiar with
- Check for complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau
- Ask your colleagues for input if you are not sure
- Do not provide personal information or account numbers to unsolicited calls or emails
- Do not click on any links from unsolicited correspondence
- And remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t