The New Mexico Primary Election is slated for Tuesday, June 7th. This election will determine the nominees for political parties in advance of the New Mexico General Election on Tuesday, November 8th.
In New Mexico, only registered party members can participate in a political party's Primary Election. The winner is the candidate with the greatest number of votes, even if they do not win more than 50 percent of all votes cast.
NM Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, June 7th
Nominees will be determined for the following offices:
House of Representatives (3 seats)
State Executive Offices
- Lieutenant Governor
- Attorney General
- Secretary of State
- Public Education Commission (5 seats)
- Public Lands Commissioner
State Supreme Court
The terms of three New Mexico Supreme Court justices will expire on December 31, 2022. Two seats are up for partisan election and one seat is up for retention election.
Court of Appeals
The terms of three New Mexico intermediate appellate court judges will expire on December 31, 2022.
- May 10: Deadline to Register to Vote Online.
- May 10: Absentee Ballots are mailed to voters. Request an Absentee Ballot Online by June 2nd.
- May 21 - June 4: Early Voting. Find a Polling Location.
- June 7: Primary Election Day