On May 9th, GAAR President John Lopez and HBA President Mike Fietz took the first step to bring both organizations together to better communicate and be proactive to the changes in our industry.
The common goal of both organizations is to make homeownership more accessible and easier for consumers in the ABQ Metro area. All parties agreed that by working together and aligning strategies, we become a stronger force to improve the market for REALTORS®, home builders and the consumer.
Common issues that concern and affect both organizations include:
- Albuquerque Integrated Development Ordinance (IDO)
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC)
- Right to Work (RTW)
- Resources to attract retirees to NM
- Gross Receipt Tax on home purchases
- Lot supply
- Impact fees
- Affordable housing
- Push to itemize GRT on new construction purchase agreements
- Include new home comps in the MLS
- Create an Editorial Board with the Journal
Read what reporter Jackie Kent had to say about the collaboration: https://www.krqe.com/news/albuquerque-metro/new-group-discusses-future-of-new-mexico-housing-market/1993203209
Stay tuned as this alliance moves forward to strengthen the local housing market.