Do you have a favorite charity? Does your charity serve the four-county Greater Albuquerque Metro Area comprised of Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia, or Torrance County? If so, please share the link to this blog with them as all local non-profit charities that meet the criteria below are encouraged to apply.
REALTOR® Fund Grant Accepting Applications until August 1st
The REALTOR® Fund Committee with the approval of the GAAR Board of Directors has modified its annual grant to a one-year cycle. Beginning in 2022, one eligible recipient will be awarded a $45,000 grant. In the previous years, three non-profits were selected and each received a total of $45,000 which was awarded in $15,000 installments for three years.
• Be in existence for a minimum of 5 years.
• Be exempt from U.S. federal income tax pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and classified as a public charity under section 509(a)(1) or section 509(a)(2) of the Code; and/or an educational institution or governmental entity.
• Serve the four-county Greater Albuquerque Metro Area – Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia, Torrance.
• Have current filings with the New Mexico Attorney General’s Office, Secretary of State’s office and have a positive Charity Check Report via GuideStar.
REALTOR® Fund Grant Cycle for 2022
- Application Date: March 1 - August 1, 2022
- Application Review: August - September 2022
- Top 3 Applicants Present to GAAR Board of Directors: October 2022
- Award Notification: November 2022
- Grant Distribution: December 2022
A History of Giving
Since 2009, more than $500,000 has been donated to over 40 local non-profit
organizations through grants and contributions to Good Neighbor charities.
A New Day Youth & Family Services
ABQ Heading Home
African American Cultural Center
All Faiths Receiving Home
APS Title 1, Homeless Project
Boys & Girls Club of NM
Casting for Recovery NM
Child Life, UNM Children's Hospital
Children's Grief Center of NM
Children's Miracle Network
Cloud Dancers THP
Creativity for Peace
Cuidando Los Ninos
Dental Care in Your Home
Domestic Violence Resource Center
East Mountain High School
El Ranchito de los Ninos, Inc.
Feed New Mexico Kids
Lobo Little League
Manzano Mountain Early Learning Center
New Mexico Dream Center (The Harbour)
NM Cancer Center Foundation
NM Kids Matter
Red Mountain Family Services
Rio Grande Food Project
Rio Grande Valley Blue Star Mothers
Rotary Club of Albuquerque Del Norte
Senior Citizens Law Offices
Southwest Women's Law
The Children's Grief Center of NM
The Ventana Fund
Valencia County Literacy Council