MLS Rules Refresher: The Latest Updates to Keep You Compliant
Brokers will gain information about general MLS entry requirements and updates regarding local MLS rule changes and industry updates that may impact local MLS business. Brokers will also gain reminders about business systems to manage property data, tips to professionally manage property showings and undesrtand the relationships b etween data integrity, code of ethics and broker duties.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Share reasons why data integrity is important for the real estate industry
- Discuss common MLS issues, new local rules and industry updates.
- Create a system to efficiently manage listing data.
- Discuss methods to assist MLS users with gaining a greater respect for a seller’s listed property.
- Discuss relationship between accurate MLS data, REALTOR Code of Ethics and broker duties.
- Evaluate examples where inaccurate MLS data violates REALTOR Code of Ethics and broker duties
If you are registering for a Rules Refresher class to waive a compliance fine please be aware of the following conditions. 1)The option to attend a class to waive a fine can only be used once in a 12 month period). 2)If not made already, a separate request for attending the rules class to waive a fine must be made in writing to SWMLS Compliance within 20 days of receiving notice of fine or sanction. 3) The fine amount should be credited/waived within 48 hours of successfully completing the class. 4)Attending the rules class to waive a fine is only available for fines less than $250.