(3 min read)
Every two years, GAAR offers designation classes for the top two NAR residential designations: the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) and the Seller Representative Specialist (SRS).
Looking towards 2017, GAAR is considering broadening your designation class opportunities. But before the member surveys are sent out, here is more information on designations for you to consider.
NAR and its affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils provide a wide-range of programs and services that can help you increase your skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Designations and certifications acknowledging experience and expertise in various real estate sectors are awarded by NAR upon completion of required courses.
Simply stated, designations help you market your expertise.
If you are unfamiliar with the two key residential designations, the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) designation is designed for real estate buyer agents who focus on working directly with buyer-clients at every stage of the home-buying process. The ABR designation is presented by REBAC (Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council).
The Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) designation is the premier credential in seller representation. It is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate Business Institute (REBI) who meet specific educational and practical experience criteria.
Other designations that you may consider for the Greater Albuquerque markets include:
- Accredited Land Consultant / ALC - The esteemed Accredited Land Consultants (ALCs) are the most trusted, knowledgeable, experienced, and highest-producing experts in all segments of land. Conferred by the REALTORS® Land Institute, the designation requires successful completion of a rigorous LANDU education program, a specific, high-volume and experience level, and adherence to an honorable Code of Conduct. This designation is presented by the REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI).
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist® / SRES® – The SRES® Designation program educates REALTORS® on how to profitably and ethically serve the real estate needs of the fastest growing market in real estate, clients age 50+. By earning the SRES® designation, you gain access to valuable member benefits, useful resources, and networking opportunities across the U.S. and Canada to help you in your business. SRES® Designation program educates REALTORS® on how to profitably and ethically serve the real estate needs of the fastest growing market in real estate, clients age 50+. By earning the SRES® designation, you gain access to valuable member benefits, useful resources, and networking opportunities across the U.S. and Canada to help you in your business. This designation is presented by SRES® Council.
- Certified Residential Specialist / CRS – The CRS designation is the highest credential awarded to residential sales agents, managers, and brokers. On average, CRS designees earn nearly three times more in income, transactions, and gross sales than non-designee REALTORS®. The CRS designation is presented by Council of Residential Specialists.
- NAR's Green Designation / GREEN – Through NAR's Green Designation, the Green REsource Council provides ongoing education, resources and tools to help real estate practitioners find, understand, and market properties with green features. GREEN is presented by The Green REsource Council.
- Counselor of Real Estate™ / CRE™ – The Counselors of Real Estate® is an international group of recognized professionals who provide seasoned, expert, objective advice on real property and land-related matters. Only 1,100 practitioners throughout the world carry the CRE® designation. Membership is by invitation only. The CRE designation is presented by The Counselors of Real Estate
Keep and eye out for the designation survey from GAAR's Professional Development Department. If you want to get your designation right away, you can sign up for an online course through REALTORS® University.