SWMLS Members can now activate FOREWARN, a new safety app to help you engage in safer interactions with new prospects with instant identity, criminal history, and property verification.
How to Activate your FOREWARN account:
- Click here and enter your email address. (You must use your email address on file at GAAR to access your activation. Your email will serve as your FOREWARN ‘Username’). You can activate from your desktop or mobile phone.
- You will then receive an Activating your FOREWARN email. If you do not see the email, check your junk/spam folder. If you still do not find the activation email, your account may not be set up as FOREWARN requires a mobile phone number. Please contact FOREWARN Support at 561-757-4551 and provide them with your mobile phone number.
- Click the Setup Password link. You will then be prompted to:
- Enter an Authentication Code via text or voice
- Enter the code received and click Continue
- Set up your Password
- Review the Subscriber Agreement and Click Accept
- You can now verify an identity with phone number
- We suggest that you set-up your account on both desktop and mobile phone upon activation ie., if you first activated FOREWARN on your desktop, open this blog on your mobile phone and repeat the activation steps.
- Now you are ready to download the FOREWARN app on your mobile phone. Click the icon below or search for FOREWARN in your app store.
- After activating your account, you can also sign-in to your FOREWARN account from any web browser at FOREWARN.com or https://app.forewarn.com/
FOREWARN provides you the ability to verify a prospect's:
- Past criminal history
- Current assets (properties and vehicles)
- Financial risks (bankruptcies, liens, and judgments)
- Deceased records
Using only the incoming phone number, FOREWARN can positively identify over 90% of prospective buyers. With additional information, over 98% of the population can be identified.
Using just a phone number or name, you can instantly verify:
- Identity (first name, last name, alias, and age)
- Phone numbers (residential and mobile history)
- Address history (rental, ownership, and associated addresses)
- Financial indicators (bankruptcy, lien, and judgment history)
- Property records (nationwide property ownership history)
- Criminal records (nationwide criminal history search)
Verifying your prospects in FOREWARN is not only critical for your personal safety and efficiency but also a benefit to your listing homeowner, providing an added layer of protection for their homes and families.
- When you are unable to find an individual in FOREWARN using a phone number, this does not necessarily mean fraud or criminal intent. FOREWARN users are encouraged to gather further details and use the additional search functionality (the “Search by name” link) within the FOREWARN app to ensure verification of the prospect.
- Name search tip: When searching by name, if there are more than 100 results to your query, FOREWARN will display “Too many records found” and prompt you to re-run your search using additional criteria.
- Phone search tip #1: In the search results, FOREWARN displays all the individuals who have ever been associated/linked with the searched phone number. It is normal for multiple people to be linked to a single phone number, either as previous owners of the phone number, or relatives.
- Phone search tip #2 “Record not found”: If you search missed calls from telemarketing companies (typically they will not leave a voice message), you will get the result “Record not found” because that phone number has never been owned by, or associated with, a person.
Please note that you must limit your FOREWARN searches to professional uses only. FOREWARN is only to be used for verifying inbound prospects that have initiated the interaction, such as when a buyer or seller themselves have initiated a request for information or service. FOREWARN cannot be used to verify information for outbound marketing efforts. FOREWARN activity is actively monitored (search terms and volume) to ensure proper use by our Subscribers as outlined in the Subscriber Agreement and the FOREWARN Terms and Conditions. FOREWARN is a powerful tool intended for the increased safety and efficiency of your business. Proper use of the service by real estate professionals ensures that we can continue to provide this valuable tool to the industry.
Important Guidance For Using FOREWARN
Download the FOREWARN lists of Do's and Don'ts as a guide that addresses the intent of the uses under the FOREWARN arrangement. Please consult your legal counsel if you have questions about your rights and obligations under the FOREWARN Agreement and Applicable Law.
How to Contact FOREWARN Support