PID Disclosure is required on applicable SWMLS homes listed in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. Please take a moment to learn about the two PID requirements in MLS. Information is also provided on how to verify if the property is in a PID or not, and what forms are involved in the disclosure.
PID Disclosure (PID = Yes/No)
- This required field asks if the home is located in one of the Public Improvement Districts in Albuquerque or Rio Rancho.
PID Document Requirement (SWMLS Rule Section 1.18.2 )
- Any listing identified as being in a PID is also required to upload the PID disclosure form: FORM 4550 – Public Improvement District Disclosure. It is also recommended that the document include the seller signature and initials, as it is necessary for a buyer to complete when submitting the offer for the listing.
- Listings that are missing the required PID document will most likely receive Flexmls listings alerts and Compliance reminders to request the addition of the document in a timely manner. Fines beginning at $50.00 are issued for listings missing PID documents.
Identifying a PID
One challenge that might arise when listing the property is knowing if the property is in a PID, or needing to know the name of the PID. GAAR offers materials and information to assist with the disclosure requirements and Flexmls now offers the ability to look up a PID name using a map overlay.
GAAR PID List www.gaar.com/pids
GAAR provides a full list of all Albuquerque and Rio Rancho PIDs, and the forms and information needed to complete the required PID disclosure in the transaction. Contact information to get more information about PIDS in Albuquerque and Rio Rancho are also available.
If you know the name of the PID, you can go directly to http://www.gaar.com/pids/pids-disclosure to find the Information Sheets and Annual Budget information that will help you complete all three NMAR disclosure forms for PID. The information made available at gaar.com/pids has been compiled from public documents and is in the process of being revised with new forms and some may still show 2014 or 2015 as the year.
GAAR and SWMLS cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness on any PID documents posted on our website, and no obligation to update the information is assumed.
Looking up a PID using Flexmls
PID overlays are now available in the Flexmls map tools. You can access the PID overlay when doing a Map Search and when viewing multiple listings on a Map.
To look up the PID for an address follow these steps:
- Login to Flexmls and go to Search>Map Search>Residential Search
- In the upper right corner of the map look for the Overlays drop down menu
- Choose Public Improvement Districts
- This will turn on the PID overlays
- You can now zoom the map in or use the Locate Address placement to identify the PID in your search area
This example shows some of the different PID districts in the Map Overlay:
This example identifies homes for sale in Saltillo. Three of the homes identified in this example are not in the Saltillo PID:
If you would like more information about the PID overlays, or the SWMLS listing policies referenced in this article please contact us at email@example.com or call 505-843-8833.