The Southwest Multiple Listing Service, Inc. (SWMLS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of GAAR, and is dedicated to providing a reliable, cooperative, credible real estate database of listing and sales information using the most current technology.
Please see the SWMLS Bylaws below regarding the eligibility for MLS membership:
SWMLS Bylaws state:
Any REALTOR® of this or any other Board who is a principal, partner, corporate officer, or branch office manager acting on behalf of a principal, without further qualification, except as otherwise stipulated in the SWMLS bylaws, shall be eligible to participate in Multiple Listing upon agreeing to conform to the rules and regulations thereof and to pay the costs incidental thereto.
For SWMLS Only Membership
Please complete the SWMLS application (PDF) and contact a Member Support Coordinator at 505-842-1433, option 4 to begin the set up of your SWMLS membership. You will need to provide us with a Letter of Good Standing from your primary board at the time of joining.
GAAR/SWMLS New Applicant Fees (PDF)
For GAAR and SWMLS Membership
If you have chosen GAAR as your primary board, your MLS membership will be completed during your membership appointment.
All members of the SWMLS are required to attend a MLS Rules and Regulations course within 60 days of joining. Please review the SWMLS Rules and Regulations prior to attending the course.
For MLS Administrative Access
Administrative access is assigned to unlicensed individuals who are under the direct supervision of the MLS Participant or the Participant's licensed designee, and are to be used by the assignee only. For further information on administrative access eligibility please see the MLS Policy Statements.
To obtain administrative access, the office QB must complete the Administrative Codes/Registered Appraiser Codes Access Request Form and e-mail it to GAAR membership at email@example.com or fax it to 505-842-0448. A Member Coordinator will contact you to complete the process in assigning the administrative access.
All individuals that are assigned administrative access must complete an MLS for Admin Assistant course within 60 days of joining.
Please call GAAR at 505-842-1433 to schedule an appointment; Monday-Friday 8 am - 4 pm.
For Team ID Requests
A Team ID can be issued to SWMLS Members for use in the joint listing and sale of a Property. This ID is separate from the original Public IDs of the Team Members. The team name is formatted using the standard format of first name, last name. All team members use their own personal MLS ID to "work as" the team in the MLS.
Download Team ID Request Form
When you join GAAR as an Affiliate Member, you become part of every home's story. You also join a family of more than 3,000 local REALTORS® and hundreds of local real estate related businesses.
GAAR has established the Affiliate Membership to allow businesses that are vital to the real estate transaction the opportunity to exchange ideas and information that provide industry information that REALTOR® members and network to develop business partnerships.
As an Affiliate Member, your company has the opportunity to work together with other GAAR members and committees to help give back to the community – while gaining a bit of business exposure – through networking, sponsorship and volunteerism.
Because our Affiliate Members* are vetted and trained by the Association, our REALTORS® can feel more confident in turning to you as a resource.
To join GAAR as an Affiliate Member, please complete the Affiliate Application and email it to membership at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it by fax to 505-842-0448. A Member Coordinator will contact you to complete the membership process. Please call GAAR at 505-842-1433 to schedule an appointment; Monday-Friday 8 am - 4 pm.
Application for Affiliate Membership (PDF)
Affiliate Membership Flyer (PDF)
*GAAR Affiliates are individuals or businesses that that are critical to the real estate transaction. Each affiliate firm must be vetted by GAAR staff and take an online REALTOR® Code of Ethics class designed specifically for GAAR Affiliates.
If you offer products and services to help REALTORS® and their clients but are not part of the real estate transaction, you may want to consider joining our Benefit Partner Program.
Local Benefit Partners have all the same opportunities as Affiliates, except inclusion on Affiliate Q&A Topics and serving as Affiliate Committee Chair.
The following opportunities are available to our Affiliate Members:
- REALTOR® Building – As an Affiliate, you get the added benefit of the use of the GAAR REALTOR® Building to have meetings, enjoy the Open Door Internet Café with free Wi-Fi or relax and have a free cup of coffee.
- Member Rate for any class or special events – Throughout the year, GAAR offers seminars, forums and training the supports your professional development.
- Directory listing on gaar.com – Your company logo, description and call to action will be displayed here on gaar.com.
- Affiliate Q&A's through the Affiliate Committee – On a First Wednesday every quarter, GAAR Affiliates host an informative Q&A on a variety of industry-related topics.
- Network with GAAR REALTOR® members – In addition to the Affiliates monthly networking events, the Affiliate Committee Meeting and the After Hours Mixers, we hold special fundraising events several times a year.
- Brochure display plus advertising opportunities on GAAR TV – Get exposure for your business and display your marketing brochures and business cards in the REALTOR® Building. Additionally, advertising space is available on our television screens (additional fees apply)
- First notification of sponsorship opportunities for multiple events and mediums – We offer sponsorship opportunities to our Affiliate members to expand their company exposure of REALTOR® members at events like our annual Golf Tournament and Awards Gala.
- Receive news through our Weekly Passport and email communications – Through our weekly emails, we ensure our members are kept abreast of the latest news and developments that impact the way they do business.