As New Mexico begins to reopen in phases, GAAR and SWMLS leadership approved the following effective June 4, 2020:
- The Open House feature has been restored in Flexmls
- SWMLS Guidelines for in-person Open Houses have been issued
Any Member choosing to conduct in-person Open Houses is required to follow SWMLS Guidelines to protect our members, clients and the public from exposure to COVID-19.
Not all brokers and sellers may be comfortable with opening their homes for in-person open houses and should be treated as a collaborative decision between the seller and their broker.
Live-Stream and Virtual Open Houses will continue to be offered in Flexmls and Remine, as an alternative.
We are all responsible for keeping the health of the public a priority. Your cooperation and patience is appreciated as we are all eager to get back to normalcy.
Sherry Fowler Scott Dean
2020 GAAR President 2020 SWMLS President
505-843-8833 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Live Chat at swmls.com
COVID-19 Guidelines for In-Person Open Houses
Please adhere to the following recommendations to minimize the exposure of REALTORS®, clients, and the public to COVID-19.
Prior to an Open House
- Virtual Tours for a property should be recommended before any in-person showings
- Discuss with seller the precautions that will be taken and adhere to any specific requirements requested
- Maintain one entry into a home
- Turn on lights and open any closet, cabinet doors, or window coverings
- Open additional doors and/or windows to allow outdoor ventilation
- Sanitize any possible touch points or common surfaces
- Create a log for visitor names and contact information
- Provide masks, sanitizer & disinfectant wipes
- Post sign at the door with guidelines and include Broker contact information
During an Open House
- Require all visitors to complete the contact log
- Allow a maximum of 5 people (including broker) to tour at one time
- Allow only one group to tour at a time
- Require all visitors to sanitize hands and wear masks
- Require visitors to maintain 6 ft of social distancing
- Instruct visitors to avoid touching any surface in the home
- Restrict visitors from using the bathroom facilities
- Sanitize touch points or common surfaces after each visitor/group
- Maintain the visitor log and request that visitors inform their Broker if they fall ill within 14 days of viewing the property
- An additional person in attendance should control entry and review guidelines with new arrivals
- Open Houses should not be scheduled for any Pending Listing
These guidelines are subject to change as GAAR and SWMLS monitor the COVID-19 situation and adapt to any new restrictions set forth by the state for real estate services.