Good Neighbors are REALTORS® and Affiliates that dedicate themselves to volunteer service. They donate gifts, money, and – most importantly – a lot of time to their charity.
For 2015, we introduced the Greater Albuquerque Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Awards – a program that NAR encourages local Associations to develop in coordination with the REALTOR® Magazine Good Neighbor Awards.
GAAR Good Neighbor Awards are open to all GAAR members, both REALTOR® and Affiliate, who dedicate themselves to volunteer service. Four REALTOR® recipients and one Affiliate recipient are awarded.
Recipients will also receive a $500 grant for their charity and will be featured in GAAR's consumer outreach campaign.
We would like to thank all of our nominees for their work in the community. Please look for upcoming articles about the charitable work and the non-profits they serve.
The 2016 Good Neighbor recipients have been chosen. Please check back in fall of 2017 to learn how to submit someone for the 2017 Good Neighbor awards.
- Nominees must be members of NAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have contributed to a program that improves the livability of a local community. Those activities aren’t limited to real estate or housing issues, and may include such things as crime prevention, youth mentoring, and homelessness prevention.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association- or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within your company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place between January 2016 and May 2016, but judges willalso consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement though published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a completed entry form to be considered (REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by another NAR member, a state or local association, or the community organization they served). For questions about eligibility requirements, please contact Kendra Hale at 505-724-3461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.